Pregnancy & Post-natal Exercise.
Current exercise guidelines recommend aerobic and strength training for 20-30 minutes on most/all days of the week.
Exercise during pregnancy can:
- Provide relief of pregnancy related issues like lower back pain or pelvic girdle pain
- Improve postural awareness, muscle tone and flexibility
- Help you cope with the physical demands of pregnancy & labour
- Maintain fitness & healthy weight gain
Our Pregnancy & Post-natal Exercise Options
- Gentle to intermediate level of Pilates-informed exercises
- Designed for all stages of pregnancy
- Focus on core control, posture and gentle mobility
- Great option for those with pregnancy aches and pains
- Uses Pilates equipment like Reformer machine, exercise balls and resistance weights
- Designed for those with a low to moderate level of baseline fitness
- A general class where participants complete their own personalised program, written by their Physio
- Great for those needing tailored exercises or with specific areas to focus on
- 1:1 training with Exercise Physiologists, who can tailor each session to how you’re feeling on the day
You can see our full timetable, including our Pregnancy & Post-Natal classes here.
How to Book
Before starting any of the classes mentioned above, you will need to attend a 1:1 Assessment with one of our Physiotherapists. This allows them to speak with you in more detail about your pregnancy, any issues you may be experiencing, your general health, and the basics of exercising during pregnancy or the post-natal period.
We also require a signed Medical Clearance from your GP, Midwife or Obstetrician before you commence pregnancy classes. We happily provide a simple template for your Doctor to complete on your behalf, and we also accept a signed letter or general Pregnancy Consent Form instead.
To book an assessment, you can: